- We had an enormous four-ward Christmas concert Sunday. I played flute in a duet with a violin, in an obbligato with the choir, and sang in the choir. A big snowstorm was expected that day, but people in all four wards were praying for good weather, as it was also an enormous missionary effort. It did not snow. Now jeer at me if you like, but it was a miracle. There is great power in a large group of people praying for the same thing at the same time, especially if it is for such a worthy cause. This was the first musical performance I have been in, out of my whole life, that I actually enjoyed. I know everyone says their ward/stake has so much talent in it, but I will say it too. Here I go: "Our stake has so much talent in it." It is a very affluent area, and the people come from privileged backgrounds. Lots of money went into the building of said talent. Several harps, cellos, a whole orchestra really. And the singing! Ahh... We blew the roof off. Performing beautiful music, and with spiritual intent, to me, is the most direct and active form of worship.
- Quotation of the past several months: "No me gusta!" --Aubrey H.
- I have been thinking a lot about Karen Carpenter. One hears a lot of her music around Christmas time. I watched the E! True Hollywood Story about her recently. 20% of people with anorexia die from it.
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
No me gusta
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment