- A new addition to my fave couples list: Wesley Windham-Price and Lilah Morgan. And I hereby add Lilah to my list of fave characters ever also.
- I am reading Wives and Daughters, or is it vice versa, by Elizabeth Gaskell. Really good fictional entity. *winks at Lindy* Lurking on deck, just waiting to ambush me, is The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. *winks at Eva*
- I was about to pridefully warn all mankind not to mispronounce "vice versa" just now, but I looked it up and discovered that I was wrong on the pronunciation. [vahy-suh vur-suh, vahys, vahy-see] For your reading pleasure, here is the source in APA format:
vice versa. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Retrieved February 27,
Since the vahy-suh version is the preferred, I will never utter this phrase again.
2008, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/vice versa - At work today I wielded scissors, glue stick, and glitter. Although the glitter was just a prop and a threat. Long story. I liked the return to kindergarten for the first 2 hours, but the next 6 were a bit rough. And I STILL managed to get "mouse back": the pain under your right shoulder blade from excessively whacking a mouse about. I am seeing serial numbers and bar codes still. I will go give myself a mental colonic now.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
The vice of versa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment