Thursday, July 24, 2008

pneumonia, modeling, and x



  • Yesterday Aubrey had pneumonia, but she also had an open call appointment with T.H.E. Artist Agency, the biggest modeling agency in this area. (They had chosen her out of many applicants to go in to be seen.) So we went, pneumonia and all. I thought she was going to fall over a few times, but, with 4 other girls, she got lectured about the modeling industry, was measured and photographed, and was told to walk up and down. Looks like they want to represent her. It does a parent good, I tell you, to have contributed DNA to such a delightful thing to behold. *sigh* I will post pictures as I get them from photographers.


  • In about an hour my lovely friend Jennifer is going to pick me up from work, and the two of us are going to stay in the Madison Hotel in Wash DC for two nights. I won this package, plus dinner, in a radio contest! The theme of our getaway is X-Files: I Want to Believe. We will see the premiere showing at 12:01 am tomorrow. And then we will see it again. And we might sleep and eat and watch some X-Files episodes too. Maybe we'll put a masking tape "X" on our hotel window. I watched the premiere red carpet (not purple like mine) last night online. The host took a while to get warmed up. (The first words out of her mouth were to the crowd: "Okay, who here wants to get impregnated by David Duchovny?" Dead silence.) Gillian and her unborn baby looked sparkling in purple satin gown. It was painful watching David Duchovny get interviewed. I felt so sorry for the man. I could tell he'd had it with answering the same stupid question over and over. And Chris Carter was charmingly witty and gracious and evasive as always.


  • Here is the shirt I wore to work today.


Believe again, people, believe again. I'm off to watch some good Mulder and Scully fighting, smooching, and monster butt kicking.