Do you know that some people say stapling your ears can make you lose weight? Check it out (I found this here):Question
I'm considering having my ears stapled to help me lose weight. Does this
work?
Answer
from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.
Ear stapling for weight loss isn't likely to work — and it poses a
serious risk of infection.
Ear stapling is based loosely on the principles
of auricular acupuncture, which involves stimulating certain points on the ear
with fine needles. With auricular acupuncture, the needles are typically left in
place for only a short period of time — sometimes up to one week. With ear
stapling, small surgical staples are placed into the inner cartilage of each
ear. The staples are left in place for several months. Proponents of ear
stapling for weight loss claim that the staples stimulate a pressure point that
controls appetite.
Although some studies suggest that acupuncture can reduce appetite, ear
stapling hasn't been proved effective for weight loss. And the largely
unregulated practice of ear stapling can be dangerous if done in unsanitary
conditions or by an untrained practitioner. In fact, puncturing ear cartilage
poses a risk of serious infection and permanent disfigurement.
If you're overweight, don't depend on ear stapling for weight loss.
Instead, discuss proven weight-loss strategies with your doctor
To go along with the above picture of my ear, here is a picture of my nose. It looks rather frisky today, don't you think?

2 comments:
This is exactly why I like you Kimberly....you are weird.
I love the nose pic!
Post a Comment