Friday, April 3, 2009

Lady Gaga and M.I.A.


I don't know much about her, but I can't help liking Lady Gaga. Like millions of others, I have only heard two of her songs and have seen her perform once, but I would like to explore more. I can't help comparing the sound of her "Poker Face" to M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes". Though they sound nothing alike, they both have a bizarreness that is very appealing to me. If you are offended by hard-core drug dealer satire songs, don't listen to "Paper Planes". I couldn't include the real "Poker Face" video because it's obscene, but you can listen to the song at least, if you so
choose.


1 comment:

Lindy said...

I hadn't seen her until she performed on American Idol this week. I'm not sure what to make of her yet. She is bizzar....kind of reminds me of what Madonna was like int he mid 80's.