Thursday, April 3, 2008

It's a Tragedy *X-FILES SERIES SPOILERS*






Watching X-Files is intense. Quotation of the day: I really wanted to have a "quotation of the day" all highlighted in red in this entry, so I searched and searched for a certain quotation that I read recently. Alas, I couldn't find it. But if I HAD found it, this is what it would have said: "Mulder and Scully not only can't manage to get together, but they can't manage to get ANYTHING together. This tragedy drives the show." There are some definite funny and joyous moments through the years, but when all is said and done X-Files a tragedy. Why do we love tragedies? Are we masochists or what? It's a mean trick to play on humans: create the most beautiful works of art around the theme "life sucks and then you die". The beauty just barely outweighs the tragedy of the end result. Or maybe the tragic ending IS the beauty. Well whatever. It hurts but it's overwhelmingly compelling. I can't look away.








      • Easter grass is the bane of my existence.

      No comments: